1 . Which are the programs being offered at NIILM-CMS?
1 . NIILM-CMS provide (PGDM) Post Graduate Diploma in Management
2 . What is the intake of students at NIILM-CMS?
Total intake for current year 120.
3. Are the programs approved by AICTE?
PGDM program of NIILM-CMS is AICTE approved since its inception in 1996, accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and is also recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to an MBA degree.
4. Why are they known as PGDM and not as MBA?
All the programs are duly approved by AICTE which is a statutory body of Ministry of HRD, GOI. MBA is a degree which is offered by a university or a university affiliated college. Even in institutes like IIMs, Post Graduate Program in Management is offered. Autonomous PGDM programs enable us to update our curriculum according to the changing corporate demands, resulting in superior campus placements. Our aim is to be seen and clubbed in the league of IIMs where PG Diploma is offered. For all practical purposes, PGDM is at par with MBA.
5. Who is eligible to apply for admission in an academic program?
A candidate with at least 50 percent marks in the under-graduate degree and a valid score ofMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/GMAT.
Students graduating in 2016 are also eligible to apply.
6. When does the academic session begin?
The academic session commences around the 3rd week of July.
7. What is the fee structure?
The course fee is Rupees 5.5 lacs for PGDM.
It includes study materials & laptops but excludes hostel & transportation charges. The fees is payable in four installments.
8. Why should students choose NIILM-CMS?
Updated curriculum developed by faculty along with industry experts.
Qualified faculty with high percentage of PhD’s and industry experience.
100% placement record.
Unique mentoring system.
Location in NCR region, a hub of industries.
Frequent guest lectures by industry experts.
Vibrant executive education programs.
9. Does NIILM-CMS offer scholarships to the students?
NIILM-CMS offers excellent scholarships to deserving meritorious candidates. The scholarships are based on the overall performance in their CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT/ATMA/GMAT score, academic background and performance in Case Analysis & Personal Interview.
10. Does NIILM-CMS, Noida provide hostel facilities?
Yes, The stimulating and holistic living environment of the hostel contributes significantly to superior academic performance. The hostel is tastefully landscaped with plenty of walking trails, lawns and quiet corners. Housing separate blocks for girls and boys with options of single and double occupancy
accommodation, the hostel has round-the-clock security and electronic surveillance. It promotes quality lifestyle and sustains it.
1. AC / Air Cooled / Non AC residential blocks for both single and double occupancy
2. Wi-Fi Hostel
3. Round-the-clock janitorial services
4. Full-time Residence Directors and support staff
11. Does the Institute have tie up with banks for education loan?
The Institute provides all necessary documents required by the banks to facilitate the
Processing of loan applications of its students & in addition to it NIILM-CMS has tie up with the following Banks.
Punjab National Bank of India
12. What is the placement scenario of the Institute?
100% Placement track record since inception of the institute. Last year placement Highlight
1. More than 50 % students were having double job opportunities by the end of the placement season.
2. 117 Companies visited us.
13. What were the highest, average, and the lowest packages at the Institute?
Highest package - 9.35 Lac
Average package – 4.76 Lac
Lowest package – 3.0 Lac
14. Where does the Institute stand in B-school rankings?
The various rankings of the institute are as follows:
15. Could you please provide me the names of few companies who had visited the campus for
- • Ranked 4 th amongst Top B-Schools in North India (GHRDC B-School Survey 2014)
- • Ranked amongst Top 50 B-Schools in India (Business Today Survey 2014)
- • Ranked 8th amongst Top B-Schools in Delhi and NCR (Business World Survey 2013)
- • Ranked amongst the top B-Schools of India in A2 category in Indian Management (AIMA Survey 2013)
- • Ranked amongst the top B-Schools of India in AA category by (Discovery Education Media, MBA by Choice 2013)
- • National Education Excellence Award by ASSOCHAM
- • CSR Awards for Excellence in Education
Some important companies that visited the campus and employed our students are:
Capital IQ, Deloitte, American Express, Standard Chartered, Axis Bank, Pepsico, ITC, Nestle, St. Gobain, Asian Paints, Berger Paints, Royal Bank of Scotland, Grail Research, Redington, IndiaMART, J P Morgan, Copal Parters, ING Vyas Bank, South Indian Bank, Citi Bank, HCL, Reliance Capital, Grasim, Hyundai, Panalpina, Godrej, Videocon , Abbott , Cadila , Tata Capital and many more
16. Do engineers or experienced students enjoy an advantage over others in admission process?
Yes, particularly in merit list and also in the Placement they have edge on other students.
17. Do engineers or experienced students enjoy an advantage over others in placement?
Yes. It is a general understanding that engineers have a better analytical ability over others. And normally it has been found recruiters always prefer experienced candidates over fresh candidates.
18. Do you have any foreign collaboration?
Yes, we have collaboration with 5 foreign universities as given below:
| Sr. No.
|| Student exchange programme with
1. Institute of Business Administration, University of Poitiers, Poitiers, France
2. Houston University, USA (Department of Healthcare Management)
3. CASS Graduate School of International Management, Belgium
4. Hainan University, China
5. VAAL University of Technology, South Africa
|| Already five batches successfully got Master’s Degree in Management with specialization in International Management.
19. Does the Institute provide international placements?
|Every Year NIILM-CMS sends a maximum of 20 student for six weeks, at University of Poitiers, France.|
Yes, We do provide International placement, listed below are the few companies who offered the international placement. Citi Bank, Dubai, Everest Metals etc
20. What is the cut off percentage or percentile you are accepting of MAT/ CAT/ATMA/ XAT / CMAT?
There is no fixed cut off. It varies from batch to batch depending on the students
competing for admissions. While preparing a merit list the institute considers the following
criteria with varying weight age:
• Percentile of CAT, MAT, XAT, ATMA, CMAT
• Academic Background
• Performance in Case Analysis
• Performance in personal interview
• Extracurricular activities
• Work Experience
21. Do you provide any value added course?
Yes, We do provide the value added programmes few are as follow :
1. Mentoring – philosophy of continued guidance throughout four Semesters.
2. Industry Scenario Analysis.
3. Entrepreneurship Development.
4. Personality Development Programme
5. Business Communication
22. How do you ensure exposure to the corporate world for students?
We do it by the following methods:
• Course curriculum is prepared in consultation with industry experts
• Students’ interaction with business executives
• Guest lectures by industry experts
• Live Projects
• Industry Interaction / Live Projects
• On the Job training in industry
• Dissertations on current aspects of business (on selective basis)
23. Does the Institute have management quota for admissions?
There is no such quota in all PGDM programs.
24. What are the documents required for taking admission in NIILM-CMS, Noida?
The required documents are as follows:
• Original & photocopies of all the academic qualifications from high school to graduation.
• Admission test score card and certificates of work experience (if any) and co-curricular activities (if any)